Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Antics -- 6

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home I'll spend forever wondering if you knew I was enchanted to meet you…”
Amelie jumped as her phone went off while she was packing her suitcase.  “Hello Jordan.” She laughed into the phone as she answered.
“Hey Aims.  Are you all packed for the road trip?” Jordan asked as he too had just finished packing.
“I’m almost done. I just have a couple more things to throw in and then I will be ready.  What time are you picking me up?” Amelie asked as she tossed the rest of her clothes into her suitcase and zipped it up.
“I think Taylor and I are leaving here around two, so we will probably be there to get you around two fifteen as long as Taylor doesn’t forget anything.” Jordan laughed as Taylor glared at him from across the room.
“Haha yeah I bet he would be the one to forget something.  Well I better go have a shower then before you guys get here.”  Amelie smiled as Jordan said goodbye and they hung up.  She smiled to herself as she looked at the phone in her hand.  She would never admit it out loud but she loved the sound of his voice. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Come on Taylor hurry up! I told Amelie we were leaving here at two.” Jordan shouted as Taylor went running back into their house once more to grab the toothbrush he had forgotten.  Jordan sighed and sent Amelie a quick text saying they were going to be a few minutes late.  She quickly sent back a quick text.  “LOL Hallsy forgot something didn’t he? Its okay just hurry him upJ
Jordan smiled as he read the text.  He quickly set his phone down when Taylor bounded back to the car and hopped into the passenger seat. 
“Finally.” Jordan laughed and rolled his eyes as he sped away from the curb and headed towards the hotel Amelie was staying at.
“Sorry Ebs but you don’t want me having morning breath now do you?” Taylor chuckled as he pulled out his phone and started fiddling with it.
“Course not but we don’t need to be late either.” Jordan said as he drove towards the hotel.
Ten minutes later Jordan stopped in front of the hotel as Amelie opened the back door and shoved her suitcase into the backseat before she hauled herself up in beside it.  Jordan and Taylor turned to look at her as she clambered into the Escalade.  After Amelie got seated she looked up to see them both staring at her.
“What? Is my hair standing on end or something?” She asked as she laughed and put her hands on her hair which was pulled back into a loose ponytail.
“No.  We were just waiting for you to be ready.” Jordan said as he blushed slightly and turned back to face forward.  Taylor snorted and turned back around as he continued to fiddle with his phone.  Jordan sighed and pulled out of the parking lot and they continued the last five minutes to the arena in silence except for the radio playing quietly and Taylor tapping away on his phone.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Alright everyone on the bus!” Coach Renney shouted as everyone was mingling outside.  As soon as he spoke everyone turned and started climbing onto the bus that would take them to the airport.  Jordan gave an over-active bow to allow Amelie to go ahead of him and she laughed and swatted his arm playfully as she climbed on.  Shawn and Taylor both snorted and gave Jordan a shove as he went to climb on the bus behind her.  He turned and gave the two of them a dirty look before getting the rest of the way on the bus and sitting down next to Amelie.  Taylor and Shawn sat right behind them and began quietly planning on how to annoy the hell of the Jordan on the way to the airport.
“So are you excited to go to Phoenix?” Jordan asked Amelie as the bus began its route to the airport.  He felt something tickling the back of his neck as he spoke and he quickly turned to glare at Taylor who pretended he hadn’t just been tickling Jordan with a feather that Shawn had happened to have in his duffel bag.
“I am.  I haven’t traveled before so this is a whole new experience.  I’m excited.” Amelie said giving Jordan a smile and shaking her head at Taylor while she smiled.
“Well I’m sure you are gong to love it. So how’s the website coming along? I almost have my first post ready for you.” Jordan said giving her another smile before glaring at Shawn who was giving Amelie bunny ears and laughing.
“It’s going pretty good.  No one has given me anything to update yet so I’m taking the time to get everyone’s page looking good before the updates start rolling in and I have to start being consistent with the pages.” Amelie smiled as she glanced at Shawn out of the corner of her eye.  Their antics didn’t bother her and in fact they made her feel more like part of the team but they seemed to be getting on Jordan’s nerves and she didn’t quite understand why. 
“Well hopefully after the game tomorrow I will be able to get you something so you can actually get this website up and going.” Jordan said as he pulled out his phone and held it up to take a photo of Amelie. She laughed and hid her faces behind her gloves.
“What are you doing?” She giggled as Shawn reached over the seat and tried to pry her hands away from her face.
“I need a photo of you for my phone.” Jordan laughed as Shawn captured Amelie’s hands above her head and Jordan quickly snapped a photo.  He looked down at it and smiled at the photo. Amelie was laughing and looking up at Shawn who was looking down at her with a smirk on his face.  Suddenly his phone was pulled from his hands.
“Oh my gosh I look awful!” Amelie squealed and tried to figure out to hit the delete button but Shawn grabbed the phone from her and mimicked her.
“Oh my gosh! I look horrible!” He started laughing and Taylor quickly grabbed the phone from Shawn and looked at the photo as he started laughing too. Jordan glared at all of them and grabbed his phone back from Taylor.
“I like it.” He grumbled as he saved the photo and shoved his phone back into his pocket.  Amelie gave him a smile and put her hand on Jordan’s arm and squeezed.
“I like it too.” She said as he turned and gave her a grateful look.
“Alright you guys cool the antics.” Coach Renney turned in his seat and gave them a look before turning back around to continue talking to his assistant.  The four of them looked at each other and broke out into a fit of giggles. 

1 comment:

  1. So, so cute. I love how in the text message he signed it "Ebs" - I feel like these guys probably think of themselves by their nicknames.

    ReplyDelete